the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.
What does this mean?
One parent can work very hard and make an impact. However they only have so many hours in the day. Furthermore, they only look at things from one angle or perspective.
However, when you add 2 or more others to this group you now have a PTA MASTERMIND.
What is a PTA mastermind?
Napolean Hill, the author of “Think and Grow Rich” made the term “mastermind” very popular.
To improve your professional and personal talents, mastermind groups combine creativity, education, peer responsibility, and support. You and the other members of your mastermind group can succeed together with the aid of the group. Members push one another to create challenging but, more importantly, successful goals.
When you make a safe place for every member to participate and be heard you can create awesome ideas that one person by themselves could never do.
By bouncing ideas off each other a simple idea can become an amazing idea!
Here are some ideas to get your PTA started…
Start with these simple PTA fundraisers that are very popular. Then brainstorm to find ways to make it unique and work for your small school PTA.
1. Have a parent night out at a local restaurant or bar. Ask the business owner if they will donate a percentage of the proceeds from sales during the event back to your school.
2. Have an auction, silent or otherwise. This is a great way to bring in money and parents can donate items.
3. Have a bake sale. This is a classic and it always works to raise funds for your PTA
4. Have a school carnival or fair. A lot of schools do this as an annual event but if you haven’t done one in awhile, try it!
5. Have a dance party. This is great for the kids and parents.